The institutional advancement department advances and sustains UCI's current and future organizational activities by securing gifts and grants through public and private funding sources.
UCI has just completed Phase III of the Moving Greater University Circle Transportation and Mobility Plan, a follow up to two earlier phases that focused on parking and mobility. While the parking and mobility recommendations are incorporated into the management plan, this third phase also includes recommendations around creating a more coordinated transportation system – including shared access services, demand management programs, and information resources. To assist with the process and keep our stakeholders engaged, a new Sustainable Transportation Action Committee (STAC) has been developed and is meeting monthly to further develop the work plan. A new Transportation Coordinator will be hired this spring. Additionally, the initiative’s current transportation consultant has created a new and improved Circle Link shuttle bus route that will continue to serve students and employees and truly enhance and improve service to Circle visitors. This new route will be accompanied by a rebranding of waiting environment signage and piloted in June.
Neighborhood Outreach and Connections
UCI and Little Italy Redevelopment Corporation have conducted a five-month study to identify ways the two organizations and their respective neighborhoods could work more closely together. An alliance of our organizations might include UCI support for marketing, events, ambassadors, and housing, and stabilization.
Our committed Circle Champions support the work of University Circle in a variety of ways and share in the collective vision for the revitalization of the University Circle neighborhood. This recognition program offers UCI's major business partners community relations exposure at UCI-produced community events and unlimited networking opportunities. Sponsorship Levels include: Legacy $15,000; Millennium $10,000; Century $5,000 and Sustaining $2,500.
To join this year's class of Circle Champions, contact Megan Ullom (216) 707-5083 or Megan.Ullom@universitycircle.org, or click the link below.
Join Circle Champions
UCI is committed to continue offering vibrant, diverse community events that remain free and open to the public. UCI produced events bring 250,000 visitors to University Circle every year.
- Holiday CircleFest: UCI's winter celebration more than brings 20,000 visitors to the Circle for an official kick off to the winter and holiday season. Each institution provides distinct, fun, and thoughtful activities for the whole family to enjoy – all with free admission (some special limitations apply). Events on Wade Oval include carriage rides, ice carving, and ice skating at The Rink on Wade Oval. The event concludes with The Cleveland Museum of Art's Winter Lights Winter Lights Lantern Festival around the Oval.
- The Rink at Wade Oval: The most picturesque outdoor ice skating rink in the area is open to the public from Thanksgiving weekend through early March. The Rink annually serves more than 10,000 skaters. Admission is $2,, skate rentals are $3, and group rentals are available. The Rink is the site of many special events and activities including learn to skate programs, mite hockey tournaments, and figure skating demonstration
- Parade the Circle & Circle Village: This annual event brings more than 80,000 visitors to University Circle to enjoy a spectacular art parade curated by The Cleveland Museum of Art featuring giant puppets, stilt dancers, one-of-a-kind performance ensembles, and extraordinary people-powered floats. Complementing this signature event, UCI presents Circle Village on Wade Oval -- a full afternoon of educational activities presented by Circle institutions and partners, entertainment, and diverse dining options.
- WOW! Wade Oval Wednesdays: Residents and visitors descend on Wade Oval every Wednesday in the summer for Cleveland's favorite free summer concert series. WOW! runs mid June though the end of August and draws 5,000 attendees weekly for a diverse array of musical entertainment, a wine and beer tent, food tents and trucks, movie nights, movie nights, and family fun activities.
To learn more about current sponsorship opportunities, or to support UCI’s ongoing public events, click on the links below or contact Liz Lewis at Liz.Lewis@universitycircle.org.
Winter Sponsorship Opportunities
Summer Sponsorship Opportunities
Access to education for people of all ages is an important component of our work. UCI offers four arts infused, experiential education programs, in partnership with more than 20 museum and community organization partners. The programs reach more than 20,000 people – Pre-Kindergarten through senior adult learners – annually:
- The Early Learning Initiative (ELI): An academic year program for pre-school students that builds essential literacy skills and promotes school readiness through a monthly themed program that includes in-classroom lessons followed by museum field visits and object based lessons to extend the program's impact in each participating classroom; ELI also offers exceptional professional training for program instructors.
- Linking Education and Discovery (LEAD): LEAD offers hands-on informal educational experiences utilizing University Circle's world class museums as learning laboratories. The LEAD curriculum is designed to further participating teachers' instructional strategies in one or more content areas.
- Future Connections: UCI's college and career readiness program assists rising Cleveland area high school seniors by providing unique summer internship experiences at University Circle institutions and area businesses. Additionally, participants engage in group leadership, life skills training, and academic year support through a series of workshops.
- Senior Connections: This program brings the Circle's rich educational and cultural programming to senior centers via two-way interactive distance learning technology. Adult learners who might be limited in their ability to visit the Circle can engage with experts in the fields of art, music, history, and much more from the comfort of their residential facilities or activity centers.
To learn more, contact Liz Lewis (216) 707-5029 or Liz.Lewis@universitycircle.org. You can support these educational initiatives by donating using the link below.