University Circle is one of the largest employment drivers in the state of Ohio. With strong anchor institutions and an abundance of arts & cultural, non-profit, as well as private sector and small businesses, there may be an opportunity waiting for you here in University Circle.
Facility Rentals Sales Associate
Cleveland Botanical Garden / Posted May 06, 2019
Holden Forests & Gardens is one of Northeast Ohio’s largest and most important cultural and environmental institutions. It is comprised of two campuses, the urban Cleveland Botanical Garden campus located in Cleveland’s University Circle and the rural Holden Arboretum campus located in Kirtland.
We are seeking a Facilities Rentals Sales Associate to join the Facility Rentals Department at the Cleveland Botanical Garden Campus. Reporting to the Director of Facility Rentals, this position is responsible for the selling, planning, and administration of private events from the planning and development stage through execution. This position will work closely with clients to create a customized event experience according specific requirements and budget.
- Follow up on all event inquiries: Schedules site tours with potential clients, provides clients with Holden Forests & Garden marketing material and imparts the benefits of hosting events at the Botanical Garden.
- Work closely with clients to create a customized experience according to their specific needs and budget while establishing clear boundaries between what is the responsibility of the Garden to provide vs. catering partner duties
- Serve as the client’s main point of contact through the planning process including booking events and facilitating the day-to-day logistics of events. Coordinate meetings with client vendors
- Manage the day-to-day aspects of private events including the setup/teardown, catering, audio/video arrangements, and CBG garage parking.
- Become proficient in the use and applications of our CRM system, Altru. Coordinate client service providers (vendors) such as photographers, florists, bakers, valets, and rental companies.
- Coordinate all elements of wedding ceremonies both daytime “ceremony-only” and 6 pm wedding ceremony and reception.
- Coordinate invoices and payments for private rental clients.
- Identify areas of improvement for future events.
- Maintain departmental event calendars.
- Creates the weekly query to be shared with all auxiliary departments.
- Responsible of the management and subsequent booking of all photography inquires at the Garden and sharing with ticketing staff.
- Coordinate janitorial services for after-hours events with the head of Facilities monthly
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business preferred.
- Minimum of three years in event sales, planning, and production.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong sales skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office.
- Audio/Visual setup experience preferred.
- Familiarity with a CRM system preferred.
- Must pass a criminal background and substance test
- Must have a driving record in good standing
- Must be able work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
Apply Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Qualified applicants should submit a résumé with salary requirements online to:
Holden Forests & Gardens is an equal opportunity, ADA employer and a drug-free workplaceBack to Jobs