University Circle is one of the largest employment drivers in the state of Ohio. With strong anchor institutions and an abundance of arts & cultural, non-profit, as well as private sector and small businesses, there may be an opportunity waiting for you here in University Circle.
Donor and Member Communications Manager
Cleveland Museum of Art / Posted April 15, 2019
The department of Marketing and External Relations is seeking a Donor and Member Communications Manager to create and implement a communications and marketing strategy specifically focused on the priorities of stewardship; and member and donor growth, retention and awareness, aligning all efforts with the Museum’s strategic plan to advance its vision, mission, and goals.
The Donor and Member Communications Manager will blend fundraising, corporate communications best practices, and current marketing strategies to lead the creation and implementation of effective communications, working both vertically and horizontally across the Philanthropy and External Relations Division and adhering to the institutional brand architecture.
- In consultation with the Director of Communications and External Relations creates and implements a strategic, comprehensive multi-level member and donor communications and marketing plan that activates and amplifies engagement. Coordinates with the other members of the Communications and External Relations department to capitalize on all communications opportunities.
- Leads all aspects in creating stewardship, solicitation and acknowledgement letters and materials
- Develops key talking points and speeches for Museum Director and Deputy Directors.
- Surveys division communications needs; create communications to donors and other constituencies utilizing print, website, digital communications. Drives all Philanthropy communications (departmental newsletters, invitations, etc.) to ensure institutional brand architecture and messaging prioritization. Interfaces with Museum’s external agency partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, Public Relations, Communications or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience in a non-profit, arts or other public organization required.
- Must have the ability to work independently and communicate effectively, and should possess exceptionally strong writing and editing skills, along with the ability to work well with other employees.
- Comprehensive knowledge of media operations and current advances in effective use of digital and social media for effective communication is essential.
- Ability to manage task-specific project consultants, suppliers and other vendors.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects under time and resource constraints.
- Detail and results-oriented, with a data-driven approach to making strategic decisions and allocating resources.
- Ability to create and manage overall and project-specific budgets.
Apply at: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CLE1004CMA/JobBoard/14a13635-e1f1-6802-5aba-82b151e8c57b/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=80a901a2-4e48-4d5b-818e-ff33c6a01e91Back to Jobs