University Circle is one of the largest employment drivers in the state of Ohio. With strong anchor institutions and an abundance of arts & cultural, non-profit, as well as private sector and small businesses, there may be an opportunity waiting for you here in University Circle.
Cleveland Botanical Garden / Posted April 20, 2017
Volunteer Coordinator (garden 2017)
Position Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Department: 510042 - CBG Admin - Volunteers
Holden Forests & Gardens is recruiting an experienced and creative volunteer management professional to join its human resources team. The Volunteer Coordinator will be based atClevelandBotanical Garden, where they will be responsible for recruitment, selection, orientation, recognition, training and retention of its volunteer resources. This position works closely with the Arboretum volunteer coordinator, and other members of the human resources department.
- Reports to Director of Human Resources
- Works with arboretum Volunteer Coordinator
- Works with Human Resources Department
- Works with Volunteers
- Cleveland Botanical Garden – Cleveland, Cuyahoga, Ohio, USA
- Located in the heart of Cleveland’s cultural, health, and education district, 10 minutes east of downtown Cleveland.
- Holden Forests and Gardens is 12th largest public garden in the U.S. It is comprised of two campuses, Cleveland Botanical Garden and Holden Arboretum.
- Work with department leaders and others to identify areas for volunteer involvement and develop volunteer position descriptions;
- Help develop and implement volunteer recruitment plan for identified Botanical Garden needs, including interacting with various special interest groups and agencies to effectively recruit volunteers;
- Maintain volunteer database; analyzes recruitment and tenure reports, including demographics, attrition, etc.; create volunteer reports and queries from a wide array of segments of the database as needed and sorting volunteers based on attributes and criteria;
- Administer volunteer selection and on-boarding process, including appropriate forms, interviews, selection, screening and placement of qualified volunteers;
- Provide support and guidance to staff regarding volunteer issues; coordinate the performance review process for volunteers and provide appropriate training to volunteer supervisors on performance management.
- Work with Arboretum volunteer coordinator to develop and implement recognition program; including annual recognition event and other volunteer social and educational events
- Work with Arboretum volunteer coordinator to write, edit and distribute volunteer print and e-communications;
- Work with marketing and membership department to promote volunteerism to the public and members through print and social media and outreach activities
- Administer and maintain volunteer policies, operating procedures and practices consistent with Holden Forests & Gardens’ vision
- Facilitate volunteer orientation program and other volunteer training, as needed
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and relationship building skills, including the ability to effectively interact with staff, volunteers, donors and the public
- Highly computer literate and proficient with Word, PowerPoint and Excel; experience with constituent (volunteer/donor/customer) databases preferred with experience creating queries and reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Planning and organizational skills are essential, Must have ability to manage multiple priorities
- An appreciation for Holden Forests & Gardens’ vision, place and purpose, and a love of the outdoors
- Must pass a criminal background check and substance test
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record required to be covered on Holden Forests & Garden’s vehicle insurance policy
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of three (3) years experience in volunteer program administration or any equivalent combination
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed/scheduled.
- Full Time - 40 hours per week
- Wage: Negotiable
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume online:
Posting Date: April 19, 2017
Closing Date: Until Filled
Holden Forests and Gardens (Holden Arboretum / Cleveland Botanical Garden) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. We seek skilled, knowledgeable and experienced individuals to join our staff and enhance our reputation as one of the country’s foremost arboreta. Back to Jobs