University Circle is one of the largest employment drivers in the state of Ohio. With strong anchor institutions and an abundance of arts & cultural, non-profit, as well as private sector and small businesses, there may be an opportunity waiting for you here in University Circle.
Preschool Museum Educator
MOCA Cleveland / Posted January 16, 2017
Hours & Rate
Mornings and occasional early afternoons, Tuesday through Friday in February and March. Complete tour schedule provided upon request.
$25 per tour, 45 maximum available tours.
MOCA is building a team of enthusiastic, flexible and creative freelance teachers for its growing Education Department. Experienced preschool teachers are needed to lead guided tours for the museum’s youngest learners, here for their very first visit to MOCA. The ideal candidate is a playful and skilled teacher, experienced at leading age appropriate open-ended conversations, inspiring curiosity and imaginative play, and delivering and maintaining clear direction for museum appropriate boundaries. Tour objectives, outline, and materials will be provided.
- Deliver 60 minute, inquiry-based, guided tours for youth 4-5 years old.
- Support qualitative and quantitative tour evaluations.
- Bachelors in Museum Education, Art Education, Fine Art, or Museum Studies required.
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience required with preference given to candidates who possess experience at non-traditional learning sites such as museums.
- Working knowledge of education theory and practice is essential with preference given to early childhood learners and informal learning sites.
- Ideal candidate is an extrovert who enjoys talking to and working with a diverse public.
- Superior and enthusiastic public speaking and customer service skills.
- Fluency in English: speaking, reading and writing; multilingual candidates encouraged.
- Professional, hospitable deportment.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Computer competency with Microsoft Office and Google Drive programs.
- Familiar with, and inspired by, contemporary art and culture.
- Positivity and enthusiasm with strong interpersonal skills that enable collaborative interaction with all levels of management, staff and the public.
- Creativity in thought and action, showing initiative while carrying out responsibilities.
- Integrity, good judgment, and the highest ethical standards.
- Strategic thinking with creative problem solving skills and analytic proficiency.
Send Resume To
Back to Jobs
- Email cover letter, résumé, and contact information for 3 professional references to Christina Eagleeye-Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please use the subject line PRESCHOOL MUSEUM EDUCATOR.
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- No phone calls please.