04/28/17 - 04/22/18
Cleveland History Center
University Circle is one of the largest employment drivers in the state of Ohio. With strong anchor institutions and an abundance of arts & cultural, non-profit, as well as private sector and small businesses, there may be an opportunity waiting for you here in University Circle.
Cleveland Institute of Music / Posted February 09, 2018
The Manager of Individual Giving is a key member of the Cleveland Institute of Music’s Development Department with responsibility for comprehensive oversight and success of contributed annual revenue of more than $300,000 of annual fund, special projects, and events fundraising from individuals. This team member must be a dynamic self-starter who demonstrates a high level of professionalism, strategic planning and thinking, and
communication as they cultivate and steward donors of CIM.
- Cultivate and Steward a portfolio of 50-75 donor households giving $1,000 to $5,000 to CIM’s annual fund through one-on-one engagement, supporting the growth of the Governing Members program.
- Direct and execute CIM’s broad-based Membership giving campaign achieving $275,000
in annual funding from individual donors to CIM, which includes making decisions regarding direct mail, eFundraising, and telefunding.
- Negotiate all broad-based fundraising related service contracts and maintain institutional relationships with vendors.
- Curate and Implement the Governing Members events and benefits throughout the year to cultivate and steward this critical group of individual donors.
- Assist with the preparation of Governing Member and Major Gifts solicitations on an ongoing basis, personalizing patron notes and developing research profiles.
- Establish and implement CIM’s individual giving donor benefits structure including planning, stewardship, and event tracking for all donor campaigns.
- Arrange and support Governing Member Executive Committee meetings, prepare agendas, and ensure robust follow-up to action items.
- Provide support for the Development Department including:
o Fielding initial inquiries for the Development Department.
o Monitor department expense budget. Tracks invoices, submits payment and reimbursement requests as needed.
o Coordinate meetings for Development Department and related board committees.
o Assisting with taking reservations for Development Events as needed.
Qualifications and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong preference for majors in the arts or demonstrated experience in a performing
arts setting. Working knowledge of classical music a plus.
- 2-3 years progressively responsible fundraising or related experience, preferably with a
focus on corporate, foundations, and/or performing arts and public sector.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to
The Cleveland Institute of Music is an equal employment opportunity employer and educator
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, disability, marital status, political affiliation or veteran status.