University Circle is one of the largest employment drivers in the state of Ohio. With strong anchor institutions and an abundance of arts & cultural, non-profit, as well as private sector and small businesses, there may be an opportunity waiting for you here in University Circle.
Life Enrichment Coordinator -South Franklin Circle
About South Franklin Circle and Judson
Are you an organized and creative person who thinks out of the box and likes making things happen? You enjoy working with people, have a sense of humor, great communication skills and also are current on your computer/tech solutions/applications? We are a very selective and progressive retirement community looking for someone to play the position of “Engagement Coordinator”. You will work with our program committee planning, coordinating and implementing a menu of diverse and sophisticated options for expanding the opportunities for members with multiple interest to be engaged and challenged.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, coordinate, schedule and directly provide programs, services and events that address the social, emotional, physical, spiritual, intellectual and creative needs of residents residing at South Franklin Circle.
- Works in conjunction with the South Franklin Circle team to establish a standard for the number and type of programs that will take place for the IL/AL residents on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Must be flexible with hours to include daytime, evening, weekend or holiday events.
- Actively encourages input from Resident Committees and other greater community organizations and incorporates their input into programming as appropriate or necessary.
- Analyzes programs and trip offerings in terms of participation levels, needs/desires of residents, cost/benefit and staff resources, in order to determine necessity of program enhancements or modifications.
- Manages in-house and external transportation services.
- Direct responsibility for planning and arranging events, creating weekly and/or monthly calendars in order to assure focus for current and continued resident interaction.
- Ability to work well with residents in all levels of care and residents with a variety of functional/cognitive capabilities.
- Utilizes computer (Microsoft office and other programs) and other audio visual equipment necessary to create newsletter, programs, schedules, trip sheets, calendars, mailings, inserts or other documents for all resident communications.
- Accountable for ordering food, beverages, supplies for resident events and activities. Working with VP of South Franklin Circle, demonstrating fiscal responsibility to ensure budget compliance, and timeliness of AP voucher processing.
- Recruits and manages volunteer efforts at South Franklin Circle for all departments.
- Other duties as assigned
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a recreation, social service or human services related field or at least four (4) years previous experience working with older adults in a CCRC, long term care facility or community based setting. Computer literacy required, including strong skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook with the ability and willingness to learn new applications and programs as needed. (Such as Point Click Care, Publisher or Similar)
Send Resume ToBack to Jobs