University Circle is one of the largest employment drivers in the state of Ohio. With strong anchor institutions and an abundance of arts & cultural, non-profit, as well as private sector and small businesses, there may be an opportunity waiting for you here in University Circle.
Director of Continuing Education + Community Outreach
Cleveland Institute of Art / Posted July 18, 2017
The Cleveland Institute of Art’s Continuing Education + Community Outreach department serves over 3,000 people annually through over 200 annual programs, classes, and workshops for people of all ages. Programs include: classes for adults and young artists, Teacher workshops, a Pre-College Program, outreach activities and workshops for the public, graduate level classes for teachers seeking to maintain their licensure, and, in addition, the Continuing Education department is the host of the national Scholastic Art + Writing Awards Exhibition.
- Plan all programming for department (classes, workshops, programs):
- Adult classes (3 sessions per year, average of 15-20 classes each session)
- Young Artists classes (3 sessions per year, average of 10-15 classes each session)
- Summer Teacher Residency intensive workshops (approximately 1-2 offerings each summer)
- Teacher one day workshops (2 sessions per year with 5 -7 offerings each session)
- Pre-College Program class offerings (approximately 16 offerings each summer)
- Community outreach activities (approximately 3-5 per year)
- Pay-as-you-go Life Drawing (3 sessions per year with 12 offerings each session)
- Establish yearly program run dates for each program and accompanying publication and marketing deadlines;
- Find appropriate instructors for classes and programs (with guidance from CAO and Department Heads);
- Work with Registrar and Department Heads to coordinate room and facility scheduling;
- Establish and oversee program budgets and collaborate with Institutional Advancement to seek funding for programs (assist with grant planning and reporting);
- Maintain departmental programmatic statistical data; set parameters to measure success of programs;
- Coordinate marketing strategy to create department brochures, flyers, and literature, advertisements, and web presence;
- Initiate advertising efforts; seek out and purchase print and online advertisement space, prepare targeted eblasts to market classes and programs; utilize social media as a marketing tool; also work with artists to create Young Artists design for each session (t-shirts, bags, etc.);
- Coordinate Community Outreach activities: Parade the Circle (plan activities, staff, supplies), and state and national Art Education conventions and conferences;
- Participate in Institutional Planning: Strategic planning, AICAD, NASAD, NCA, Cabinet meetings; and serve on various committees: University Circle Community Education, , Events Committee, Gallery and External Affairs Committee, etc.;
- Foster relationships with area teachers, artists, organizations;
- Generate and implement new initiatives (graduate credit bearing courses);
- Supervise staff assisting with Continuing Education + Community Outreach programs
Program demands for this position require an addition of 30 to 40 days annually of work beyond the standard work week, including evenings and weekends.
The successful candidate will have basic knowledge of college structure and operations; Microsoft Office experience; good interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. Requires general business management and supervisory skills, organizational and time management skills, and ability and flexibility to move between day-to-day tasks and project oriented tasks. Must be a team player with a positive attitude, and effective at coordinating the work of others through appropriate follow-up. This position will report directly to the Chief Academic Officer.
Send Resume To
Required application materials are due by July 26, 2017 and consist of:
- Resume and cover letter
- Contact information for three (3) professional references
- Salary requirements
Cleveland Institute of Art
Job Code: DCECO
11610 Euclid Ave
Cleveland, OH 44106-1710
No phone calls please.
The Cleveland Institute of Art is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment, and to the principles that promote inclusion.
Visit our website at: www.cia.eduBack to Jobs