02/17/18 - 08/12/18
Cleveland Museum of Natural History
University Circle is one of the largest employment drivers in the state of Ohio. With strong anchor institutions and an abundance of arts & cultural, non-profit, as well as private sector and small businesses, there may be an opportunity waiting for you here in University Circle.
Church of the Covenant / Posted November 07, 2017
Interested candidates should submit a one-page personal statement indicating interest and qualifications for the position, as well as a resume. Applications may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Status: Part-Time (30 hours per week), Exempt
Reporting: This position reports to the Pastor / Head of Staff
Job Summary: In close cooperation with the Pastor / Head of Staff, the
Communications Manager maintains responsibility for all internal and external church communications.
Working Conditions: Working conditions are consistent with a normal office environment, with an occasional need to perform light lifting. Hours for this role are generally during normal business hours, with some early morning, evening or weekend hours as church needs dictate.
Essential Functions of the role include:
1. Digital Media
a. Maintains church website, Facebook page, YouTube channel and podcasts. Regularly updates posts and information, including digital signage.
b. Produces and distributes weekly e-newsletter and others as necessary.
2. Worship Support
a. Prepares worship-related collateral, including printed sermon and Sunday bulletin.
b. Coordinates communication with weekly Lay Worship Leaders.
3. Materials Development
a. Designs, compiles and edits annual report, Covenant News (quarterly newsletter), brochures, flyers and other printed collateral.
b. Creates and monitors online forms and sign up sheets as well as hard copies as needed; maintains on-site displays and materials as
4. External Advertising
a. Cultivates advertising and marketing opportunities.
b. Creates advertising including radio, print, TV, news releases, Presbytery of the Western Reservice and University Circle Inc. (UCI) e-news.
c. Researches and pursues events including UCI Showcase in the Circle, Holiday CircleFest, Parade the Circle.
a. Organizes photographs; facilitates work of professional and volunteer photographers; serves as photographer as needed.
6. Other duties
a. Provides general office support and back-up support for receptionist as needed.
b. Other duties as assigned by the Pastor / Head of Staff.
Qualifications for the role include:
• A minimum of one-two years’ experience executing a broad range of
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working with social media on behalf of an organization.
• Excellent detail orientation and multitasking abilities, with the ability to work within and consistently meet deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Digital Marketing, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
• Good sense of design and layout principles and aesthetics.
• Proven, demonstrated ability to analyze data. General knowledge of SEO and SEM and developing optimized sites and campaigns.
• Self-starter; able to organize/manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment; able to work independently as well as part of a team; requires minimal supervision.
• Strict attention to detail and accuracy, including grammar and the written word.
• Experience working in a church or other nonprofit organization preferred.
• Proficiency with the following programs: