Don't Miss the Region's Largest Summer Concert Series: WOW! Wade Oval Wednesdays, Presented by PNC
Posted June 01, 2011 in Press Releases
Cleveland, OH – University Circle (UCI) is proud to announce the return of the region’s largest free summer outdoor concert series, WOW! Wade Oval Wednesdays, Presented by PNC. Whether you enjoy dancing to Motown or Latin, jamming to country or rock, or relaxing on a blanket to an old standard, WOW! has something for every musical taste. The summer of WOW! runs from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesdays from June 15 through Aug. 31.
“WOW! brings thousands of visitors each week to University Circle to experience fantastic local entertainment and the rich cultural gems that surround Wade Oval,” said Paul Clark, Cleveland regional president for PNC Bank, which has presented the series for the past 6 years . “We look forward to another great season, and encourage Clevelanders from the east, west, north and south to join us on the Circle this summer.”
Since its inception in 2005, WOW! has grown from nine small summer concerts into Northeast Ohio’s most anticipated summer-long festival.
“This year, we really worked to expand what WOW! offers, including an emphasis on sustainability related to the fantastic exhibits on display on Wade Oval as well as in our surrounding museums” explained Chris Ronayne, president of UCI. “From music to food and beverage to all the culture and ideas the Circle has to offer, WOW! is the perfect way for everyone to enjoy a summer evening. Even those familiar with WOW! will be impressed with the new and exciting features to this unique series.”
Highlights of the 2011 WOW! season include:
- A new extended 12-week season showcasing a diverse range of musical genres
- A Farmer’s Market offering fresh produce from local urban and rural farmers
- “Green WOW” on Aug. 17, featuring earth friendly educational activities, tours of Cleveland Museum of Natural History’s PNC SmartHome, and the “Cool Globes: Hot Ideas for a Cooler Planet” exhibition at Wade Oval
- Weekly activities, games, and entertainment for children
- A beer & wine garden to enjoy a cool beverage
- Movies under the stars featuring family friendly films on June 29, July 20, and Aug. 17 (following the concerts)
- Extended hours at Cleveland Botanical Garden, Cleveland Museum of Art and Cleveland Museum of Natural History.
“Free concerts, world-class museums, and something for everyone,” said Ronayne. “Find it all in the Circle. Come see what the buzz is about at Cleveland’s hottest summer venue.”
For more information, visit universitycircle.org or call 216-707-5033.
Original Article: http://Back to News