04/28/17 - 04/22/18
Cleveland History Center
The Joseph D. Pigott University Circle Leadership Award was established in 2001 by University Circle Inc. (UCI) to honor Mr. Pigott’s exceptional career and to further his vision for University Circle. Mr. Pigott served as the President of UCI for nearly two decades. His leadership and accomplishments during this time helped shape the Circle into the world-class district it is today. The award is presented at UCI’s Annual Meeting each fall to an individual who has continued Mr. Pigott’s legacy as a champion for collaboration and growth in University Circle.
For more information and eligibility criteria, download the nomination form (click on the red "Event Program" tab above).
Previous Award Recipients
- James L. Hambrick, chairman, The Lubrizol Corp.
- Joseph P. and Nancy F. Keithley
- Steve Standley, chief administrative officer, University Hospitals
- Ellen Stirn Mavec, president, The Kelvin & Eleanor Smith Foundation
- Joseph Calabrese, chief executive officer/general manager, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
- Rev. Dr. Robert J. Campbell, former pastor, Church of the Covenant
- Thomas F. Zenty III, chief executive officer, University Hospitals
- David Kahn, founding executive director, Montessori High School at University Circle
- Sabrina Inkley, vice chairman, The Cleveland Museum of Art Womens Council
- Cynthia H. Dunn, president and CEO, Judson Services, Inc.
- David Deming, former president and CEO, Cleveland Institute of Art
- Marsha Dobrzynski, executive director, Young Audiences of Northeast Ohio
- Deborah Ratner, advisory committee member, Young Audiences of Northeast Ohio
- Allen H. Ford, trustee, Case Western Reserve University, Musical Arts Association, University Circle Inc., and University Hospitals
- David Cerone, former president, Cleveland Institute of Music
- Dr. Harvey Buchanan, director, John and Mildred Putnam Sculpture Collection
- Sylvia Easley, director of early childhood education, Cleveland Music School Settlement
- Karel Paukert, former artistic director, The Cleveland Museum of Art Department of
- Thomas W. Morris, former executive director, The Cleveland Orchestra
- Ruth Eppig, former chair of the Fine Arts Garden Commission
- Robin VanLear, artistic director of community arts, The Cleveland Museum of Art